The new Superman movie

I just found out that the director for the new Superman movie has been announced. Don't know who he is, but I'll let other people worry about his style. I just wanted to write something down about what I feel like they need to update in this version.

1. Update the look. 

Don't make everything fit with the Christopher Reeve-films. Do something new. The old movies work for what they were. Now we need a new Superman. He has been outdated for some time, and won't work well with the generic modern day audience unless he gets a new style. I didn't like the look and feel of Superman Returns. The characters dressed in kind of old clothes, but used computers and mobile phones. It's okay to give a nod to Reeve of course, but we need an update!

New Suit. He can still keep the cape, but what's wrong with... let's say, give him a costume made of a thicker fabric, and remove the briefs. Kind of like the leather of Green Arrow's costume on Smallville? Tights are just so... stupid. No superheroes wear it on the big screen anymore! Look at Batman, X-men...

No forehead curl. It's been outdated for ages. And it looked TERRIBLE on Brandon Routh.

2. Good personalities. 

Clark can be a bit nerdy of course, but he needs to have a life. I know his secret identity is hard to pull off, but that's one part I don't want to change. I really liked Clark on Lois & Clark, and it's no secret how much I love Smallville. What about making him a bit nerdy, but still let him be able to talk to people, and have fun with Lois Lane? I like the shy way Welling portrayed him in the beginning.

Lois should be more like Erica Durance's Lois. Smallville's Lois is just so much fun! She talks fast, drinks guys under the table, calls her father "general", calls Clark "Smallville"... she has a personality, and attitude.

3. More interesting villain 

No more Lex. Unless you do something more interesting with him than "Surrounds himself with stupid people. Tries to take over the world/make some of his own, and tries to kill superman". I loved the look we got into his head in Smallville. Much more fun to follow him as a villain when you know what drives him.

No more Zod. I did concider buying a t-shirt with "Kneeeel before Zod!" on it, but he's been overused. He's appeared twice in Smallville! And he's in the old films!

4. Make it for both guys and girls 

More action (but also a bit of romance) Superman Returns was made for girls. Way too much romance, not enough action or suspense. I loved many parts of it and hated some parts of it. I've read blogs where there's a lot of hate for SR. I loved the romance, but I need a better plot and some action too.

Comments