SMALLVILLE: Masquerade

I geek out over Lois' coffee mug, Clark goes to England, Oliver and Chloe gets kidnapped, and the Darkness is back.

This. Episode. Was. Amazing. The plot was probably so-so, but a lot of different details throughout the episode saved it for me:

First off, the "previously on"-sequence. It was longer than usual, since so much needed to be explained, and the music was fantastic! Lois' "yes" to Clark's proposal was just so Lois! It wasn't typical "omg-omg-yes-omg", it was more like "you betcha I do!" And that piece of the score leading into the next clip of Oliver telling he is the Green arrow was just... *shudders*. I felt the epicness that has been this show for the last ten years run down my spine.

Lois' Tiny Church scene
was so cute, and very well acted out by Erica and Tom on the phone. I love both of the actors! I do wonder why she spent time making a cardboard church... The little hitch (or whatever I should call it) in Tom's voice at "Just Tiny Martha?" really got me. And "I wanna plan this wedding as much as I wanna jump off a building." "You know I'd catch you." :D These. Two. Are. Adorable.

Also, Clark goes to England! Love that Smallville combines my two current obsessions, sort of. I'm "anglofiling" a bit at the moment. "Isn't that the Bluuh? Shouldn't he be across the pond?" I love that Clark is starting to get known around the world now, and that people actually like him, even though he sticks to the shadows. Was that Justin Hartley as one of the voices on the TV..? Sounded a lot like he did when he spoke Russian in "Odyssey". 

And Lois has a coffee mug that says "WORK WITH ME, PEOPLE"! :D

Clark shows up at the crime scene. And people seem to have started noticing that Clark pops up a lot. The police doesn't even want to see his press pass. He is a bit too well known now. Lois points this out too. Everyone greets him! A weird photographer guy starts talking to Clark, and he seems to believe that Clark is the Blur! Uh-oh... I loved this scene for it's awesome awkwardness, and that Clark actually had to rescue the guy. Yup, it's definitely time for a split identity, Clark! "Have you seen that viral clip of the Blur from London..?" (Clark's head pops up) "Because it was fuzzy, but it looked so much like you..."

"You talk like a cop, you walk like a fireman, heck, you beat us to most crime scenes, you might as well put an S on your chest..." And after this, he falls into the hole, Clark grabs him, lifts him up with one arm... He actually seems a bit desperate as he tries to blame it on adrenaline, center of gravity and his size.

We get the first actual acknowledgement that Clark has "Zoom-vision". And I absolutely died at that new awesome effect with his eyes. Holy crap, that looked so good. I think this gif moves a bit faster than the actual clip did, but you get the idea. So beautiful, alien, creepy and awesome at the same time. 

"I've got micro vision."
"Micro vision?"
"It's my power, I can call it whatever I want!"

microvision

Gif made by thisissmallville.tumblr.com.

We get a peek into Chloe's head. How she feels about her life now, and I liked that temptation-sequence as well. I'm glad she understood that it wasn't real very quickly. The music at her ending scene with Oliver was beautiful as well.

Clark is incorruptable now.
Yay, excellent! Oliver sadly, is not.

And Clark finally puts on the glasses, for good this time, I hope. But as much as I loved this part, my heart broke a little bit. This sort of marks the beginning of the end. No more Smallville Clark, hello Superman-Clark. Clark's always been this larger than life character... I hope he doesn't pull a movie Superman in the "mild-mannered"-department, I hate the versions of Clark that are complete rubbish. I liked what he did here though, pushed his glasses up and apologized. 

"Keep working here, and... marrying moi." Loooiis, I heart thee. "The world needs to believe that Clark Kent is way too normal to ever be... Super."

And I'll be ready..." (glasses on) "Hiding in plain sight."

Comments