SMALLVILLE: Beacon

Smallville: Bacon! 🥓

A lot of cool stuff happening in this episode! Also, the first article I saw on my google reader this morning was about Rosenbaum returning to Smallville after all! Awesome news! I was a bit confused though, since it's not that long since we got news that he was definitely not coming back. Well, I'm glad it was a misunderstanding.

The vote for the VRA, Vigilante Registration Act is about to happen, Martha appears to speak for the heroes, but gets injured by a mysterious shooter. Chloe is still around, and she and Lois decides to help Clark understand what he means to people by showing him videos of people showing their support of the Blur. Lionel makes contact with Alexander, who has now aged to a teen.


I squee-ed quite a bit when that office chair turned around and revealed Lionel in it. It seems it took some years of Lionel-absence for me to realize that I'm a big fan. All his scenes through this episode were super cool.

Martha was awesome as well. I loved her interactions with Lois, and the way Lois was so nervous and trying to impress her. Seems like she has improved her cooking skills. Those muffins looked really tasty. And of course I loved her scenes with Clark. "Clark, you are the light."

Aaand, Chloe and Oliver has apparently been doing it in the middle of the Watchtower... Allright, (sigh) they were cute. I'm happy Oliver has Chloe back.


Guys? You realize this is about the spot where Jimmy was brutally murdered, right?

The kid/guy playing Alexander was okay, but a bit too quick to accept Lionel maybe. Not Rosenbaum-ish enough maybe. He does looks like him, though. I think he's played Lex before on the show, can't remember when. I guess they'll keep him until he turns into Rosenbaum. And then find a way to stop his aging, and presto Lex! The episode also showed that Lex is losing his memories. And apparently sporting some invulnerability too... interesting.

Random note, Clark's hair looked weird in this episode. Flatter than it uses to look. Didn't like it. Other than that, he was really badass. Loved how he threw Lionel out of the burning mansion. Of course the hero has to save everyone, but he doesn't need to do it nicely!


Loved the "fan videoes" too. It must be so much fun for the ones who recorded it to actually be on the show. I would have exploded if it was me!

Also, the VRA is voted down! Woo! Good, now we can put that behind us and focus more on "Darkseid" and Lex. Clark talks more about what he should do with his identity in the future. And we get a great sequence where the gang starts Watchtower back up again. I love that stain glass window... Would love to have the pattern on a t-shirt or something.

Comments

  1. Bra innlegg : D Jeg er også en stor fan av smallville og jeg likte denne epsioden : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment