SMALLVILLE: Collateral

A bit late with my review for Smallville's 2011 premiere, but better late than never! I was a bit too caught up in watching Doctor who last week, but after watching that chair turn around in "Beacon" and seeing... 

Oops, getting a bit ahead of myself.

Collateral was okay. Very Matrix-y, but it wasn't so good that I wanted to jump up and down in my chair (I reserved that for next week's episode, apparently). I liked the idea of them being in a fake world when I saw the previews. It worked very well that Clark's vision of Chloe wasn't a flashback, but an actual event happening right then, that he was waking up in the real world before being "put back under".

I loved that Chloe was back, although that means more wasted screen time for Chlollie-cuteness. Not a big fan of Chloe/Oliver, sorry. Chloe's hair looked really good, though! I've always been a fan of her hairstyles. I'm actually trying to copy her a bit when I go to get my hair cut next.

Then the next parts of the episode were more Matrix-y, with Chloe being a badass and dressed in white and jumping off buildings, and Clark takes a while to trust her. Sort of thought that made little sense, as he has been the one that has been the most calm about Chloe's disappearance during the last episodes.

Also, Dinah is back, yay! Loved her fighting and her hair, but her "canary-makeup" looked simpler than it has earlier. Lots of more Matrix moments, Chloe duplicates, knives stopping in mid air...

And woo, Clark flew! It's not really "real" yet, since it was in that alternate reality, but dayum. I sort of saw it coming when he bent his knees and those energy waves started forming around them and aaah! Loveitloveit!

Comments