News about "The Man of Steel"

Just read a post over at "Superman of Steel" that Anne Hathaway might play Lois Lane in the new Superman movie. Umm. That will be just like Liv Tyler as Bruce Banner's girlfriend in The Incredible Hulk. Or Jessie McCartney as Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender! (Thank God that last one didn't happen) I'm so used to Erica Durance now, and I would like someone like that. I just think that Anne Hathaway is a bit too... goofy and awkward? But who knows, she might do a good job... But I'd rather that they find someone else!

From the post:

[...] part of Superman: Man Of Steel would be set in West Africa, with Clark Kent being the central focus of the movie. Clark – who has yet to be cast – "is a young journalist, travelling for The Globe, who would rather solve problems and help people without resorting to using his special powers."

Ooo, I like that. I read that the film would be loosely based on (or inspired by) the comic Superman Birthright. And the part where he's in Africa was my favorite part of the comic. That's why I love Smallville so much, because it focuses (or focused maybe, in the past tense) on the problems a superpowered person would have if he wanted to live a normal life. I like the little things. Like how he would have to pretend to have been traveling by plane when he came to Africa etc. The daily things. I love some action too, but this kind of stuff is better.

It's kind of why I finally lost interest in the manga Bleach. They are fighting all the time! Constantly! I liked it better when he had to deal with his role as a soul reaper at the same time as his regular life.

And I love other versions of Clark's background story where he travels a lot before settling in Metropolis. That way he could learn about different cultures, and actually study and work with journalism before he applies to the Daily Planet. Smallville didn't do that quite right. Why would the newspaper hire Clark, who's basically a dropout?

I don't like the versions where he spends like 14 years at the Fortress of Solitude either. Ugh. Going to Africa sounds much better!

Comments