My adventures with Superman S01E01-02

Summary: It's not quite hitting the right notes for me. But I didn't hate it either. I'll continue watching and see how it develops.

S01E01:

  • Same comment as previously: Not a fan of Clark accidentally wrecking things all the time for lulz. He should have better control of himself. I hope they don't continue doing it.
  • Love at first sight: Sigh. If they must. But I didn't like the way they're doing it, with the blushing and falling into each other's arms. Please write and portray some chemistry and getting to know each other first. This is a bit lame.
  • Clark looks very handsome/cute. Loved the disheveled tie after the Jimmy rescue.
  • Villain lady: What a hairstyle. Reminds me of Kuvira (from Legend of Korra). 
  • Kinda wish we'd get to know Clark a bit more maybe. Just - personality and motivation please. Is that not allowed in a Superman story? I feel like we're missing some steps here.
  • Noooooot a fan of the kids that help them out. Who is the target audience supposed to be here? Bit hard to determine. 
  • White shiny anime glasses effect - ugh 🙃 It just stands out so awkwardly.
  • Running off like that against the boss' orders when you're Lois Lane Ace Reporter™ is sort of fine, because she's "the best goddamn reporter we have", but intern Lois doing the same? That's just really, really reckless. And bringing the two new, in-the-dark interns along is a bit of a dick move.
  • Lois first calls him Superman - excellent 🙂 

S01E02:

  • Jor-el shouldn't be flying. I know he's a hologram, but Jor-El was never on earth (probably), didn't have powers, and therefore should stand in hologram form.
  • I like little round Martha! Is Jonathan supposed to be very blonde, or is there an age gap between him and Martha? Also - yay for both parents still being alive <3
  • More anime shiny glasses - please stop it.
  • Little Clark gets to show more emotion and... character development? I don't have any problems with how Clark is portrayed in this show - I just want more please.
  • Almost a Sailor Moon / She-Ra transformation when he gets the suit ðŸĪŠ Not a huge fan, but ok if it's a one-off.
  • Yay for ruffled Superman hair, and no full-on forehead curl.
  • And also yay for the suit and the shield not being home made. Martha just adding something is much better. I'm Team NoTrunks. Buuut whatever. I'm also a fan of the more classic S, but whatever about that too. This one doesn't bother me.
  • Big thumbs up for getting the suit and the Superman name out of the way and in use very quickly.
  • He tidies up after the fight! Yeeees! 😄😄 huge thumbs up for that too.
  • Liked the little "leaning into each other's space" moment right before Jimmy interrupts.
  • "Now tell us everything you know about -- Superman." Cut to black. Nice. Liked that.

Comments