My adventures with Superman trailer

A trailer for the animated series "My adventures with Superman" was just released. And it looks great! July 6th isn't very far away! I don't have Adult Swim, but I have HBO max, so hopefully it shows on there not too long after. It said "next day" in the video, but with time differences etc it might be July 8th or something before I get to see it. Oh well, not the end of the world. 

Yay:

  • Love that they manage the contrast between Clark being a bit of a doofus, but still absolutely "on it" and capable when it counts. Love that bit where he grabs Lois, says "hang on", and takes off. 
  • Lois's look - love that she looks different from previous Lois-es, but I still get a Lois vibe.
  • The animation style - looks good!
  • The mood in general looks really promising.

Nay (but not a huge deal):

  • Clark breaking things accidentally. I kinda feel like if he does that, he'd do it to people as well. So not a huge fan of that done for lulz. But I'm not hugely bothered by it.
  • Trunks on the suit. Not a fan. 

Hopes:

  • That they show Clark's motivation for being Superman. 

Other random thoughts:

  • Dramatic trailer voice guy!

Comments