SMALLVILLE: Kent

Clark Luthor is back, our Clark meets his father in the paralell universe, and Lois and Clark consider selling the Kent farm.

This episode really tugged at my heartstrings. It might be because it has been such a long time since the last episode, or that I'm just emotional because there's just 5 episodes left. But I think it has something to do with Jonathan being in the episode. Every time that man appears after season 5 the waterworks turn on. 

Clark: "You taught me how to be fair, and honest, you taught me that the only person in control of your destiny..." And Jonathan finishes the sentence; "...is you." 

That was when the tears first started running I think. Mostly because I remember a similar line from this beautiful fan-made trailer here. I really, really miss Jonathan on the show. I feel like going home to visit my own father and give him a big hug.

"Good luck... Son." Oh my, oh my. *sniffle*

I wonder if this is Schneider's last time on the show. I would have liked to see him one more time, and get an explanation on what made him appear in 'Lazarus'. But if they don't explain that, I actually don't care that much. That scene was just beautiful, and if they want to leave it unexplained, fine by me.

The other part that made a flow of tears erupt from my eyes was the fact that they are selling the Kent farm. Oh my, I think I could se the last ten years of Smallville flash before my eyes. I know that it would be weird if they kept staying there, but it's the Kent Farm! So. Many. Memories. Not just for the characters, but for the fans.

The parts with Clark Luthor were cool as well, I just got a bit distracted by the other scenes. Welling is really good at playing "creepy sexy" as well as the way he portrays Clark.

Amazing episode, and I demand to be even more touched by the Finale! I don't want to stop crying for a while, lol. I like it. 

Comments