Some comics

I've read some new comics the last month or so, so I thought I'd write a little about what I thought about each of them. 

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns & The Dark Knight Strikes Again

The art was good in a very weird way, but I'm sorry - the story sucked. At least Superman-wise. I put Superman above all others, even when he's not the main character of the story. And the author of these stories almost seemed like he hated Superman. Superman was portrayed as stupid, pompous... Yeah, this story lost me early on.

I liked the The Girl Robin, though, she was cute. But I never really caught her back story. Why was she such an acrobat? Why didn't she go back to her parents? Superman and Wonder woman's daughter was very well portrayed art wise, but her personality was shit. The costume was good.

Superman: For All Seasons

I postponed reading this story for a while since I didn't like the art, but yesterday I gave it a try anyway. It was kind of cute. It reminded me of the Man of Steel-series. My biggest problem with this story is the way Clark looks. He just looks so "big and dumb". But it grew on me after a while. I really liked this part here, where Clark looks imposing and "ahem" behind Lois!

Other than that, I liked the background art and the coloring. The coloring was done by a guy named Bjarne Hansen, maybe he's Norwegian? It sounded like a very nordic name. I also liked the way the story was narrated, and split into four parts. I'm not quite sure what the symbolism of the seasons was, but I'll probably find out later. I am very impatient when I read or watch, so I usually miss a lot of details the first time.

Batman: Hush

I must admit I only read this for the Superman/Poison Ivy part. And for Jim Lee's Art. He draws a gorgeous Superman, and not a bad Bruce Wayne either. But I don't quite care for his women. And the Joker had a weird nose!

I liked the fight even though the "mind-controlled Superman"-plot is overused. I like that Batman explains that he's only alive because Superman is fighting Ivy's control while he's fighting. Also - kryptonite ring! Fighting Superman with supersonics!

Comments