Watching THBP

I started watching "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" again. Just wanted to write short post with some random thoughts on the movie:

I like how this film starts right after where the previous one ended, where Harry and Dumbledore are photographed in the Ministry of Magic. I like how they made Harry look. Poor guy. The movies look different now, much darker. The first film was so much more cheerful and colourful, while now all the colours are black, gray, green, etc.

I don't know exactly what I think about the scene they added at the beginning of the film, with the girl that Harry is going on a date with. I did not mind that they put in a random romance, but there was so much that didn't feel quite right about it. Firstly, he shouldn't be able to just wander around as he wants? Can't Voldemort snatch him up at any time if he is not under protection in Privet Drive? And, the pictures are moving in the newspaper Harry reads. Does she not notice? 

For some reason I fell in love with the scene where Luna and Harry finally get inside the school gate. The gate closes behind them, and we see that there is a light (magic) that spreads up the grid at the same time we hear a sound like powerful electricity. A fly is scorched when it tries to touch the gate. I just love how this was done. Loved the sound effect. Cool way to show that there is powerful magic that protects the castle. Got stuck a bit on this little moment. ♥

Comments