Black Adam (AKA That movie with a Superman cameo)

This was certainly a movie. That had some kind of plot. And characters. Why do I feel like I've seen this movie a million times? Why do you do this, DC? Why the aversion to giving your characters personalities? Why the need to have everyone fight each other, and not communicate properly? 

I liked the twist of Adam being the boy at the start's father, rather than the boy. I always thought it was weird to have a tough adult looking character actually be a young boy inside. This way, the character is actually, truly a grown man. I also liked the visuals. And that it didn't feel like Doctor Fate just sacrifices himself for no reason. 

But other than that, the movie was one great "meh". I kinda went just because I'd heard there's a Superman cameo in it. And there he was! In the mid credits scene. Actually Henry Cavill, and not some body double. (Was it worth the cinema ticket? Probably not.)

The John Williams Superman theme played as he showed up, which I'm not a fan of. Nothing against the theme itself, but this is not the Superman that theme belongs to! He's got his own. Why not play that? And he even had a little curl thing in his hair, which he didn't have before. Undecided about that.

So, what does this mean, exactly? Are we getting more Henry Cavill Superman content? I saw something about a Man of Steel 2. I'm kind of done with this universe, and I'm kinda wishing for a reboot, but I guess we'll see. What happens happens, and I'll watch it when it comes either way.

Comments