Supergirl
I didn't hate it hate it, but it wasn't great either. Some gripes were:
- Why take that visually stunning source material, and make it brown.
- Lobo was 100% shoehorned in. Had no proper place in the movie.
- The songs felt out of place.
- The movie also suffered a bit from "how do we depower
SupermanSupergirl this time". - The big moments and character developments felt a bit unearned.
- I feel like Kara wasn't treating the time pressure with as much urgency as she should.
- She didn't wear the suit until right at the end. Big nono. When you have a corny super suit, it needs to be worn pretty much from the start, to not feel corny.
- I felt like this suffered a bit from... they had only half adapted Woman of Tomorrow. It was like the writer knew what the big moments were in the comic, but they changed too many things in the movie, so they couldn't quite manage to get to those same moments in a natural way. So many things didn't quite work together or make sense. Why the earth songs, when Kara wasn't feeling connected to earth yet? I also feel like the moment when she finally comes to the conclusion that she wants to go back to earth didn't feel that natural either...
- Also, what was with all the peeing scenes? There were at least three.
Good things:
- Milly was great as Kara/Supergirl! Loved the acting, and her appearance.
- Lover Kara's backstory in this.
- I loved all the scenes Superman was in. David Corenswet is great as Superman once again. Can't wait for his next movie.
Comments
Post a Comment