Doctor Who 60th anniversary specials part 3 - The Giggle

I didn't hate this episode, but man, it did not work for me. First off, the plot seemed so random and pointless. What was the villain's motivation? Why is all this stuff happening? I was also mildly annoyed that it just felt like another random episode of Doctor Who, and not like "the plot was coming together" in the last episode of the three specials. 

Then the Doctor doesn't regenerate normally, but splits into two. Ugh. Really? Fun to see the new guy, but Allons-y would have been a great final line for this Doctor who previously said "I don't wanna go". How about, the Doctor regenerates, the Doctor continues, stuff moves on. Bit weird to still have 10/14 or whatever number he is still hanging around. Is he gonna pop up randomly for fanservice? Hm.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll try out the new Doctor's first episode at Christmas, but can't say I'm exactly exited for more. 

Comments