Reboot, woo-ooh

I'm looking forward to the DuckTales reboot! July is a while away, so while I wait I thought I'd have a closer look at the trailer, and over-analyze and possibly squee a bit.

I like this art style. Feels a bit like the old comics I used to read. But I can't help but think, is that really the smartest way to build a money bin? How is that lower structure holding up the weight of all that cash?

Donald and the boys live on a house boat apparently. And they have pie-cut eyes! Love it! Donald is still voiced by Tony Anselmo. When I read the comics, I never pictured Donald having the "quacky" voice that he has in the animated stuff. I actually wish they would have tried a more understandable voice for this more modern version, but I guess everyone's just so used to that voice that it would have sounded weird without.

Scrooge! Now voiced by David Tennant. So odd. But I can get used to it I think.

The kids have new voices as well, and they are actually less quacky. It's a bit distracting that the boys sound a bit old (they are supposed to be 12 I think), but I'll probably get used to that too. I hope that the voice actors try to avoid using deep voices most of the time.

Happy with Webby's updated look. Much better. Check out the doll she has pinned to the wall.

Aww, Donald, the protective dad. Glad he gets to be around as a main cast member this time. Also, I'm a big fan of the "misprinted colours" style that they are using. Kind of mimicking old comic books again.

The new logo! Pretty much the same, but the gradient is gone, and it's got a sort of dotted pattern.

On an unrelated note - My last post here was in Nov 2014! And blogger finally has new templates available. About time.

Comments