DW Christmas special trailer

The trailer for the new Doctor Who Christmas Special got released today, and aaah, I'm exited! This calls for some good old over-analysing of stuff!

I'm really hoping that this won't be too... dark. I get that the Doctor is going to be really sad after having lost Amy and Rory, but I hope it won't affect the mood of the whole episode. On the other hand it would feel weird if he didn't have some kind of reaction the episode after he lost his best friends, but... I remember how the tenth Doctor acted after he lost Rose, and I didn't like it.

But! Something that made me ridiculously happy was the fact that the Doctor now wears Amy's reading glasses. Loveitloveitloveit. I hope they never point it out that it's her glasses, it's cooler and more subtle if they don't.

Aand, the monsters are living snowmen... sounds interesting! From what little we saw of them in the trailer, they looked cool. Let's hope they turn out okay.

I hope this will be better than last year's christmas episode. "A Christmas Carol" is one of my top three favourite eleventh doctor episodes, but "The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe" from last year wasn't really that good. There was something with the solution to the whole thing that bugged me.  

Also, there is a prequel-thing called "The Great Detective".

I liked it, but the creators of Doctor Who are a bit too fond of trying to keep the identity of a character unknown for a while until they are revealed, like with the Soothsayer-Doctor in "The Wedding of River Song". Would maybe have liked it better if it wasn't so obvious it's the Doctor!

Also, what is the timeline for this? Because the Sontaran dies in "A Good Man Goes to War" don't he? Will they explain that?

Comments